Planning is essential when thinking about a home rewire. When will it be done? What’s involved in doing the job?
There are many things to consider before going ahead. The best place to start is by choosing an Approved Electrician or Rewiring Company. They can help you with the planning, offering their expertise and knowledge to point you in the right direction. Having said that, it is worth doing your homework when choosing an electrical company for your rewire.
• Look at the electrical companies in your area?
• Have you chosen your professional(s) by word of mouth?
• What do they charge?
• Do you feel a genuine rapport with the company?
• Do you trust the professional(s) to carry out the work to your expectations?
• Are they fully qualified to be working on domestic installations? I.e. Do they carry the ECS JIB Gold Card to prove their qualifications before entering and carrying out work on your premises?
• Are they NicEic registered? This gives the reassurance the electrical rewire will be carried out safely and will meet the high standards of work and professionalism the NicEic require.
It is always best to take advice on safety requirements from those who know best…the professionals. With an expert on your side, you can then begin to look at budget, safety requirements and the time it will take to complete the job.
Looking at what needs doing and what additional improvements you would like to make will help you set an ideal budget before any work begins. This is one of the most important things you can do. Your chosen Professional Electrician will be able to give you a breakdown of cost and will also work with you on your budget to recommend where work can be carried out and whether you need to make any changes.
Best Time to Rewire
It Is always cheaper to rewire a property before moving in, this will not only allow a quicker installation time but will be far more cost effective. Although this might not always be possible, especially if you already reside there.
The time needed to do a full rewire can be considerable depending on the extent of work that needs to be carried out. It could take anywhere between a few days or a few weeks, depending on the size of the property. You may need to consider vacating rooms whilst work is in progress. Your chosen professional will go through a tailored schedule of works with you to highlight any areas where items will need to be cleared or rearrange things temporarily for a smooth installation.